In the coming new world of healthcare delivery, economics and politics are grabbing most of the headlines. However, hospitals and clinics still must focus on a couple of other important bottom lines, medical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
Regardless of how much money is spent, or where it comes from, the patient experience should always be a matter of interest and concern to healthcare providers. Every facility, large or small, public or private, must create a positive, overall image to its patients and their families.
With all the changes underway, there is an increased potential for disconnect between a healthcare facility and its patients, and also between a healthcare facility and the community in which it resides.
Questions to ask: How welcoming is the facility? How well are the needs of visitors being met? How does a facility fit into the fabric of its community?
What this means for you:
Healthcare foundations, along with development professionals, often play a key role to ensure that healthcare facilities maintain and strengthen that important connection between providers and their patients. While the foundations often implement large, capital campaigns for brick and mortar expansions, there is concern with how the final product is actually delivered to and used by the healthcare consumer.
What are we doing to help you:
The products and services delivered by DMA4Families are important finishing touches that make a very real difference for patients and families. I work diligently with foundations and development workers to help ensure there is funding available to provide the visible and tangible differences that patients and families notice and appreciate.
For many years, DMA4Families have been a part of the philanthropy community. We keep the communications lines wide open so that everyone is familiar with myself and DMA4Families, and understands how we can assist them in their fundraising efforts. We works hard to advertise and market, and for almost 20 years, we have attended conferences and conventions to meet with as many people as possible. The relationships created and personal interaction is a key element in creating opportunities, and our expertise is a valuable tool in planning for the purchase and use of our products.
We are happy to provide any of the following:
- Advice on product placement and integration into new, renovated or current spaces.
- Presentation materials for you to share with prospective donors or at budget and staff meetings.
- Fundraising literature, such as images and product information for placement in flyers, posters, in-house newsletters and wish lists so that others can also learn about the benefits to your patients, families and staff.
- Kidzpace systems for trial purposes: In some situations, we will ship you a sample Kidzpace system for hands-on fun, and to help build excitement for fundraising efforts.
- Custom screens for donor recognition on the Touch2Play or Xbox 360 game system.
- Press releases: We can help create newsletter and newspaper articles, press releases and other items to publically express your gratitude to donors.
Download our fundraising ideas document here.